The Seven Dwarfs Restaurant is a Disney-themed eatery located at at 1659 Wharncliffe Road in London, Ontario in Canada.
Built by Joe Raymond, his brother Cy and Ted Blainey, the English-style inn was inspired by the popular 1937 Walt Disney film, “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”.
Boasting a “Hearth Room” and a sunken dance floor, the Seven Dwarfs first opened its doors to the public on October 5, 1946.
With 220 seats in the main dining room and two separate rooms with 110 and 220 seats, the restaurant also hosts community groups and family gatherings such as banquets, weddings, birthdays, business meeting, showers and more!
The restaurant currently offers breakfast, lunch and dinner with special dinner buffets and Sunday brunch.
In its heyday, the restaurant reportedly welcomed such celebrities as Johnny Cash, Nat King Cole, Rudy Vallee, Della Reese, Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito.
Gus and John Liabotis purchased the restaurant in July 1975 and added a major addition ten years later, complimented by a vintage neon sign sporting the most popular of the Disney dwarfs, Dopey.
In April 2004, Liabotis closed the business due to mounting debts.
In March 2005, the restaurant reopened after extensive remodeling by new owner, John Panos. A few years later, there was a fire in the kitchen and again the restaurant closed it doors.
In 2015, an article in the London Free Press reported “Planning committee evidently agreed, voting 5-0 with no debate to clear the path for the old eatery to be demolished.”
Seven Dwarfs Restaurant
1659 Wharncliffe Road
London, Ontario, Canada