David and Larry were the celestial advertising mascots for Angel Soft Tissue (“The Unofficial Toilet Paper of Mom’s”) who have appeared in Angel Soft Tissue “Bathroom Angels” campaign created by New York-based Omnicom Group’s DDB Needham in 2004. Angel Soft Tissue is a subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific in Atlanta, Georgia.
Apparently, when spokes-angels David and Larry are not servicing the needs of God and the other Holy of Holies of Heaven, they spend their time as guardian angel spokespersons for Angel Soft Tissue. As the tagline for the ad reads: “The Angel Soft Bathroom Angels are always ready to come to the rescue of your bathroom disasters.”
What do David and Larry do when they’re not preventing bathroom disasters?
David: You know we’ve been working together a long time.
Larry: Yeah, it seems like an eternity.
David: I feel like I hardly know you.
Larry: What do you want to know.
David: Where are you from?
David: Favorite Movie?
Larry: “Heaven Can Wait”
David: Favorite TV show?
Larry: “Charlie’s Angels”
David: Favorite Marx Brother?
Larry: Come on Man, White Snake.
David: You and your hair bands. Play any cards?
Larry: I got a royal flush once, oh yeah I did play cards.
David: Favorite food?
Larry: Don’t tell anyone. Deviled eggs. I can’t stop eating them.
David: Like dogs?
Larry: I had a beagle once…and a Shih Tzu (laugh).
David: Anything going on in the paper?
Larry: Oh, I think there’s a white sale (laugh).
Another Angel Soft ad campaign called “Bathroom Moments” featured humorous vignettes including:
- Little boy peeing into the toilet, but his aim is not yet perfected
- Man scratches his back with a stiff blue brush to relieve an itch on his back not realizing it has been in the toilet
- Man mistakenly brushes his teeth with diaper lotion rather that toothpaste
- Family conducts a funeral for the family fish, only to discover it’s still alive as the water swirled down the bowl
- Women in one toilet stall becomes upset when she thinks another women in the next stall if flirting with her (“Mind if I come over?” The other replies, “I’d rather you didn’t.”), until we see that woman is talking on a cell phone
- Woman falls into the toilet because her husband left the seat up
- Father uses a whole roll of toilet paper to dry off his baby boy when he discovers there are no towels in the bathroom
NOTE: In keeping with the Angel Soft Tissue corporate theme, the company sponsors the Angels in Action® Program which began in 2000. It recognizes Children and teens, ages 8-18 and rewards them for performing exemplary acts of service to benefit their community, a charity or cause.
David and Larry (Angels)
133 Peachtree St., N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30303