Oh Gnome You Don’t! is a fantasy board game distributed by Gut Bustin’ Games of Battle Ground, Washington.
The board game was designed by Lisa Bowmam-Steenson and illustrated by Two Tree Illustration. It will handle 2-6 players, aged 13-plus and takes about 90 minutes to play.
“It’s adventure time for gnomes as they travel and gather items along the forest trail. Typically cheerful and friendly, the little gnomes let greed and aggression get the best of them as they get into brawls, play tricks, and set traps to be able to grab up and trade for the most gems by the end of the game. It’s a Gnome-tastic Adventure!”
The game contains 100 sparkly gems. The gnome richest in gems wins the game. The gems are stored on the Gem Mine on the board. When gnomes sell items at a business, go mining, or brawl with another gnome they collect gems from the gem mine. Gold=10 Red=5 Blue=3 Black=1.
Destinations include the Grub & Grog Pub, The Gem Mine, Gnome Depot, Tinker’s Cart and the Toadstool Cafe.
Hazards along the way include Hornet Sting, The Nasty Troll, Plant-induced Illnesses, Greedy Squirrel, a Hungry Hamster and a Polecat who captures an opponent gnome after his die roll.
There are also cards called “Brawl Cards” that allow players to give Wedgie Yanks to pants, poke someone in the eye, kick shins and butts.
Merchandise sold and traded include Bouquet of Wildflowers, Strawberries, Field Mushroom, Honey for making mead, Flax for making cloth, and Blueberries .
The contents of the game includes: 18″x24″ folding board, 104 color, beautifully illustrated draw pile cards, 50 Brawl Cards, 1 die, 4 page shiny, illustrated,color instruction sheet and 5 Stand up Gnome moving pieces. The box weighs a tad under 2 lbs.
NOTE: Other “Gnome” board games available on the market include:
- Fantasy by Asmodee – Dryads, elves, gnomes, goblins, hobgoblins and leprechauns are engaged in a fierce struggle to see who will become grand master of the woods.
- Find Your Way Home Board Game by MindWare – helps colorful gnomes find their matching homes.
- Fire and Water by Asmodee – The Arch-Mageís gnomes have been hard at work. Digging deep into the earth, they’ve learned how to deal with lava and the fury of underground rivers, so that their Master can now create deadlier dungeons.
- Gem Rush by Victory Point Games – Players rush to build a magical gem mine.
- Gnightly Gnomes – a Co-operative Fantasy Game by Family Pastimes – Gnomes work at night in various places doing acts of kindness, helping humans out by doing odd jobs and putting things in order.
- Gnome Tribes by Noble Knight Games – The four major gnome tribes are at war, each vying for control of the kingdom.
- Gnomes of Zavandor by Z-Man Games – similar search for gems plot in the mining town of Diamantina.
- Those Pesky Garden Gnomes by Rio Grande Games – A non-partner trick-taking card game with a twist – in fact possibly many twists. The game uses four suits of different lengths with cards containing positive and negative point values.
- World of Warcraft Adventure Game Character Pack: Brebo Bigshot by Fantasy Flight Games – Brebo Bigshot a Gnome mage sets the landscape ablaze with his devastating fire magic abilities.
Oh Gnome You Don’t!
c/o Gut Bustin’ Games
PO Box 911
Battle Ground, WA 98604